Abouts Us : We are a dynamic and innovative modern ecommerce pet store committed to providing top-notch products and services for pets and their owners. As we embark on an exciting phase of growth, we are seeking a young Business Development Manager to drive our expansion into Uganda and take advantage of the ever-evolving pet care industry.
Job Title: Business Development Manager (General Manager in the near future)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Overview: We are seeking an ambitious and results-driven Business Development Manager. The ideal candidate will play a key role in setting up of our operations for our existing online pet store in Kampala and later transition to General Manager position once the organisation is operational.
- Market Analysis – Analyze local market trends, customer behavior, and competitor landscape.
- Entry Strategy Development – Develop a market entry strategy, considering legal, cultural, and economic factors.
- Legal Compliance – Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations. Establishment of a legal entity, licensing and permits required for operations.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Set up efficient storage space and logistics processes to ensure safe & timely delivery of products.
- Risk Management – Identify potential risks and challenges associated with international expansion and develop risk mitigation strategies to ensure the success and sustainability of the business.
- Product Research – Provide market feedback to facilitate the introduction of new products that meet client needs. Provide product recommendations.
- Market Intelligence – Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and competitors to improve the organization’s market position. Identify new business opportunities.
- Communication and Reporting – Maintain open and transparent communication with the Nairobi office.
- Oversee Growth – Drive growth in terms of expansions, asset acquisition, hiring new team members etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Business Information, Supply Chain or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and self-drive to get things done.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for the ecommerce and online stores.
If you are passionate about business development, entrepreneurship, have a love for pets, and are ready to contribute to the growth of a modern ecommerce pet store, we invite you to apply.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to apply through [email protected]. Please include “Business Development Manager Application – [Your Full Name]” in the email subject line.
Join us in creating an unparalleled experience for pet owners and their beloved companions!